CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Regional Conference of the Brazilian and Portuguese Branches of the International Law Association
The Brazilian and Portuguese Branches of the International Law Association, in conjunction with the Jean Monnet Chair, are pleased to invite professors and those who have finished at least one postgraduate degree to submit abstracts for their 2018 Regional Conference. The conference will be held in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, from May 23rd to May 25th, 2018, at the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
Abstracts must not exceed 2500 characters and must be submitted to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org until December 20th, 2017. An updated resumé should also be included. Preference will be given to abstracts concerning the following subjects:
Decisions will be made by January 10, 2018. Authors of accepted abstracts will be responsible for covering the cost of their own travel to and accommodations in Belo Horizonte, but will be exempted of paying registration fees for the conference. For any questions or inquiries please contact the organisation committee: email@example.com
- Theoretical approaches to International Law.
- History of International Law in Latin America.
- New trends in international lawmaking.
- Codification of International Law.
- Procedure before International courts and tribunals.
- International Institutional Law: New challenges, which responses? Law and practice of American and European organisations.
- International taxation: paths to the future.
- Uniformisation of Private International Law: European and American experiences.
- The politics of International Law.
- Forced labour, modern slavery and human trafficking.
- European and International Environmental Law and access to justice.
- Empirical evidences on International Law
- Theorizing International Economic Law.
- International Humanitarian Law.
- European and International foreign policy and Euroamerican relations
- Immunities and International Law.
- Geopolitics of the Amazon
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Call for Abstracts: Regional Conference of the Brazilian and Portuguese Branches of the International Law Association
The Brazilian and Portuguese Branches of the International Law Association have issued a call for abstracts for their 2018 Regional Conference, to take place May 23-25, at the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais. Here's the call: