- Jürgen Basedow, The last Euro-American legal scholar? Arthur Taylor von Mehren (1922-2006)
- Peter L. Murray, Arthur Taylor von Mehren and the Joseph Story Research Fellowship
- Michael von Hinden, Building bridges between legal systems - the life and work of Arthur T. von Mehren
- Ralf Michaels, Some fundamental jurisdictional conceptions as applied in judgement conventions
- Christian Thiele, The Hague Convention on Choice-of-Court Agreements - was it worth the effort?
- Martin Gebauer, Lis Pendens, negative declaratory-judgement actions and the first-in-time principle
- Jan von Hein, Recent German jurisprudence on cooperation with the US in civil and commercial matters: a defense of sovereignty or judicial protectionism?
- Moritz Balz & Feliz Blobel, Collective litigation German style - the act on model proceedings in capital market disputes
- Gisela Ruhl, Party autonomy in the private international law of contracts: transatlantic convergence and economic efficiency
- Eckart Gottschalk, The law applicable to intellectual property rights: is the Lex Loci Protectionis a pertinent choice of law approach?
- Dietmar Baetge, The extraterritorial reach of antitrust law between legal imperialism and harmonious co-existence: the empagram judgement of the US Supreme Court from a European perpective
- Matthias Weller, Mandatory elements of the Choice-of-Law Process in international arbitration - some reflections on Teubnerian and Kelsenian legal theory
- Oliver Furtak, Application of foreign law to determine punitive damages- a recent US Court contribution to Choice-of-Law evolution
Friday, September 14, 2007
Gottschalk, et al.: Conflict of Laws in a Globalized World
Eckart Gottschalk (Harvard - Law), Ralf Michaels (Duke Univ. - Law), Giesela Ruhl (Max Planck Institute for Foreign Private and Private International Law, Hamburg), & Jan von Hein (Max Planck Institute for Foreign Private and Private International Law, Hamburg) have published Conflict of Laws in a Globalized World (Cambridge Univ. Press 2007). Contents include: