Call for Articles for the April 2013 Inaugural Issue
Africa Nazarene University Law Journal (ANULJ) focuses on various contemporary issues relating to comparative and international law. It is published under the auspices of the Africa Nazarene University Law School in Nairobi, Kenya. The Journal will be published twice in a year, in April and November.
The Journal calls for original unpublished articles for its inaugural issue to be published in April 2013 under the theme ‘application of international law in domestic legal systems’. Relevant topics that may be considered include:
- Contemporary case studies on approaches taken by various states in the application of international law in the domestic set-up;
- The place of international law in the hierarchy of norms within a state;
- Construction of international law in domestic courts;
- Whether international law is gaining primacy over municipal law in the current century, or there is a trend of states rejecting unrestricted supremacy of international law over national constitutional principles;
- What is the emerging jurisprudence with regard to theories that explain the application of international law in domestic courts, namely; monism, dualism and the theory of harmonization?
- The use of international law as an interpretative instrument in domestic human rights litigation;
- Book reviews (general);
- Case notes/reviews (general)
Further details on the call for articles are available here.
Friday, December 7, 2012
Call for Submissions: Africa Nazarene University Law Journal
The Africa Nazarene University Law Journal has issued a call for submissions for its inaugural issue. Here's the call: