Call for Papers
2016 International Business Law Scholars’ Roundtable at Brooklyn Law School
The Dennis J. Block Center for the Study of International Business Law will sponsor a Scholars’ Roundtable on October 14, 2016 at Brooklyn Law School. Scholars writing in a diverse range of fields related to international business, economic, and financial law are invited to submit proposals to present works in progress for an intense day of discussion with other scholars in the field. Participants will be expected to read all papers in advance of the Roundtable and offer commentary on each of the presentations.
Scholars selected for the Roundtable will receive a $500 stipend from Brooklyn Law School to defray the cost of attendance.
Requirements for Submission
- Applicants must hold a fulltime tenured, tenure-track, or visitor/fellowship position at a law school or university. Scholars from outside the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Scholars who anticipate holding a faculty appointment in the 2017-2018 academic year are also welcome.
- Applicants should submit a 2-5 - page proposal, abstract, or summary of the paper. All papers presented must be unpublished at the time of the Roundtable. Papers that have been accepted for publication but are not yet in print are welcome.
- Possible topics include:
- Conflicts of laws / private international law
- Corporate law, securities, and international banking
- Dispute resolution and arbitration
- International business transactions
- International economic law (e.g. trade and investment)
- International intellectual property
- International taxation
- International trade
- Law and development
- “Mega-regional” economic integration agreements (e.g. TPP, T-TIP, CETA)
- Regulation of corrupt business practices
Applicants should submit a proposal to Julian Arato (email@example.com) and Robin Effron (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 5, 2016. Scholars selected to present at the Roundtable will be notified by July 1, 2016.
Monday, April 11, 2016
Call for Papers: International Business Law Scholars’ Roundtable
The Dennis J. Block Center for the Study of International Business Law at Brooklyn Law School has issued a call for papers for a Scholars’ Roundtable, to be held October 14, 2016. Here's the call: