CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
WILIG’s Prominent Women in International Law Award, 2018
The Women in International Law Interest Group of ASIL invites nominations for the Prominent Women in International Law Award. 2018 marks the 25th year that the award is being given, and in honor of this milestone, WILIG has determined to formalize the nomination process through this call for nominees.
The WILIG Prominent Women in International Law Award honors those who have advanced women, gender, and women’s rights in international law.
The diverse accomplishments of previous awardees demonstrate the multiple ways in which honorees achieve this feat. Awardees have included: Justices on the ICJ and International Criminal Tribunals, founders of women’s rights NGOs, business leaders, government officials, and scholars. Some of these women have broken glass ceilings in the field, while others have worked tirelessly to promote women and women’s voices in international law, and still others contribute substantively to advancing, researching, or advocating for women’s rights.
Please submit letters of nomination for a Prominent Woman in International Law who meets some or all of the following criteria:
Letters of nomination should be addressed to WILIG’s Co-Chairs, Tracy Roosevelt and Shana Tabak, and should be submitted by October 30, 2017 to email@example.com. Any supporting documentation in addition to the nomination letter is welcome; please submit all information in one PDF document titled with the nominee’s name and “PWIL Award.”
- Employs international law to advance women and women’s rights -- awardees need not be attorneys, though most are;
- Breaks through glass ceilings for women in international law;
- Promotes women and women’s voices in the field;
- Contributes substantively to advancing, researching, advocating for, or promoting women’s rights and/or gender justice;
- Is considered prominent in the field of international law – or whose accomplishments merit further recognition through this prestigious award.
Friday, September 15, 2017
Call for Nominations: ASIL WILIG’s Prominent Women in International Law Award
The Women in International Law Interest Group of the American Society of International Law invites nominations for the Prominent Women in International Law Award for 2018. Here's the call: