The 20th anniversary of the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement
The International Journal of Refugee Law invites articles of up to 12,000 words to mark this occasion. Articles should focus on the legal aspects of IDP protection, rather than humanitarian or policy-oriented issues. While all such contributions are welcome, possible areas for consideration include:
The deadline for contributions is 31 July 2017. Articles should be submitted via the Instruction to Authors page, and authors must follow the Instructions when preparing their manuscripts. All articles will go through the standard peer review process.
- The legal status of the Guiding Principles (soft law? emerging customary law?);
- Analysis of existing IDP laws in different countries (and implementation in practice);
- The contribution of different bodies in protecting IDPs – eg the role of domestic courts, regional human rights courts, international criminal tribunals, UN human rights mechanisms, and so on;
- An assessment of what has (or has not) been achieved since 1998, and where further action is needed;
- Current legal developments/challenges in this area (eg concerning protection from displacement, key aspects of protection during displacement, or durable solutions);
- The role of UNHCR and other actors.
Saturday, March 18, 2017
Call for Submissions: The 20th anniversary of the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement
The International Journal of Refugee Law has issued a call for submissions to mark the twentieth anniversary of the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement. Here's the call: