Human rights and democratisation are live, active discourses that engage highly passionate responses. By challenging ourselves and others to critique and re-imagine the promotion and protection of human rights and democratisation, our conversations are made all the more interesting and the shared learning enriched.
Rights! aims to be an independent, accessible and egalitarian platform where different views, ideas, approaches, interests and practices meet. It gathers together think pieces, comments from the field, case studies, interviews, critiques and provocations from established and emerging human rights professionals from all regions of the world. The objectives of the platform are to:
- showcase quality pieces by academics, practitioners, (inter)governmental officials, graduates and students alike
- speak on a variety of human rights and democratisation issues to a larger audience than the ‘converted’
- offer information and orientation about events, activities, publications and people
- enable cross-learning among different constituencies
- inspire prompt reactions, debates and further cooperation
Saturday, October 3, 2015
New Blog: Rights!
A new blog - Rights! - is now up. Here's the idea: